Thursday, June 4, 2009

Floral Design Day 1



As you all know (I think), I'm getting married next year. While I hope that my portion of this blog doesn't turn into weddings, weddings, weddings, there are several projects that I want to do myself and I'll need the input of my crafty family, so you might have to put up with some wedding posts. First, I thought, "Hey, I bet I can do all the flowers for our wedding myself, with the help of some key aunts and cousins. This can't be hard." The next step was to enroll in a floral design class at Community College of Baltimore County. Last night was the first of 4 meetings and we learned about boutinniers. Our instructor is a proponent of fake flowers and rhinestones as well as flower balls, giant baskets, and many other things that are on the opposite side of the design spectrum from Martha Stewart. As you know, I tend to put myself closer to the Martha side. But I did learn some stuff.

Here are pictu
res of my creations from the first class. They are pretty silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment