Thursday, June 11, 2009

Floral Design: Day 2


Last night was my second day of Floral Design: Weddings start to finish. We did bouquets. First, we made what I consider a normal bouquet, but it was made of silk flowers. It really doesn't look bad. When Brian saw it he said "Bam. Flowers are done." I don't love it that much, but I'm glad I have an idea of what to do with real flowers for a simple bouquet.

Next, we made a bouquet of real flowers using a bouquet holder. The holder is a sphere of floral foam encased in a grid of plastic and with a plastic handle. It allows you to make a round bouquet if that's what you're into.

This isn't really my cup of tea. Some of the flowers in this ball thing are actually really pretty. The greens are nice and the daisy button poms (I have no idea if that's the real name, but that's what my teacher calls them) are pretty. I brought the few leftover flowers home and made an arrangement that is more me:

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a date yet? A location?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! It's still a year away, but May 29 is our date and we're set to get married in our neighborhood just 4 blocks away from our house in the park where we take the dog everyday. The reception will be across the street at a big old hall with a huge ballroom which we will not fill but with plenty of space for dancing, etc.

    Baltimore was gorgeous on Memorial Day weekend this year, so I hope it's the same next year!

    ReplyDelete