Sunday, May 31, 2009

Shopping

I was in New York over Memorial Day weekend and go to go visit Purl Soho in person. I love their blog and they had very cute fabric. It's a small place (about the size of PeaPod, Mom) and they have great Japanese fabric (some of which I could not afford) along with adorable prints (many of which I could afford). I never know how much to buy when I see something that I think is cute but for which I have no project in mind. I went with 1/2-yards. I love my purchases and will definitely be back!

2 comments:

  1. I just love those Japanese fabrics, but you're right - they are expensive. We're going to NY in a couple of weeks and I'm planning to go there.
    Did you go to the garment district? There are some great shops there full of ribbons and trims and buttons and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't adventurous enough to go to the garment district. My friends live on the Upper West Side, so getting to Soho and back in an afternoon was as much of an adventure as I could handle. Maybe next time I'll be more bold!

    ReplyDelete