Thursday, June 18, 2009

Floral Design: Day 3



Last night was the third and penultimate floral design class and was another exercise in silk flowers. We made sort-of-cascading bouquets in these weird angled plastic holders that made me quadrouply sure that I will do a "normal" hand-tied bouquet of live flowers for my wedding.

The good news is that the teacher liked my composition and didn't adjust it much besides pulling the flowers out a little bit because I tend to shove as many blooms into a small space as possible and it looks better if you just give them some space.

The teacher told us about one bride for whom she made a bouquet of white roses that cascaded down so that it was only 2 inches from the floor. I will add this to the list of floral elements that you are allowed to slap me for if you see them anywhere near me.

next week: reception centerpieces and "the tower". I still don't know exactly what the tower is, but I'll let you know when I find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment