Tuesday, May 19, 2009

UFOs

One of my resolutions this year was to finish some of the un-finished objects in my basement craft stash. Last week I finished these 2 quilts.

The first one was from a class I took that used Marti Michell templates to make stars. I made one scrappy star in the class, and the instructor took my idea and made a whole quilt out of similar squares. So I bought her pattern and made the quilt. Somehow, I think there was a missed opportunity for me to make some money there.


The red and white quilt is my "garage sale" quilt. I bought all of the red and white fabrics at a garage sale at the home of a woman who obviously had a lot of fabrics in her stash. I used a pattern from one of the quilt magazines that Kathy had on her coffee table. It's a pretty big quilt, and I'd like to put it in one of the kids' rooms (guest rooms), but need to do some painting and floor refinishing first.


3 comments:

  1. Very nice! My mom is going to be jealous of the red and white one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're beautiful, Pam. You're an inspiratin to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of them, Pam! The stars is really cute for a kid or baby. And I do love red and white quilts, and yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete