Monday, May 25, 2009

FAIL

My mom sent me to BurdaStyle a few months ago and it's pretty great. All kinds of cheap or free patterns and advice about sewing and lots of project inspiration. I downloaded the pattern for the "coffee date" dress pictured at the left. Isn't it adorable??? I like the ruffle but it's not overpowering. It looks a little bit like you stuffed a napkin in your collar, but not overly so :) I bought a soft blue-gray linen to make the pattern and here's what I got: Obviously, I have not been styled--do not have cute shoes on and am not posing in a cactus garden of some type, but even if I were, this thing would be hideous. The waist is a critical 1.5 inches above my natural waist. The fabric is too soft and gets lumpy at the seams (see the waistline) and the ruffle looks awful. Luckily, I think I can make the skirt work on its own. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment