Sunday, March 9, 2008

Why I'm not a quilt designer

This is one of the squares that I dreamed up for the sampler quilt for Monika. I went to the fabric store with a few scribbles of design ideas and a crude map of how I could put this thing together. It was harder than it should have been.

Notice that it's not square? I don't know how that happened. It was square on the diagram.

It is also way too big. Luckily, it only has to be 10"x10" so I could trim off the edges and make it better.

Why did I work on this one first? I should have warmed up with a log cabin or something!

2 comments:

  1. Emily - you are much too hard on yourself - your quilt square is beautiful! You can always square the block up, especially since it's bigger than it needs to be. I'm impressed that you can make something up - I'm lost without a pattern to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cute, Em! Yeah, just trim it down to the right size - it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete