Thursday, March 20, 2008




Here's what I've been up to during this long cold winter. The artsy quilt is from a class I took. I don't think it's particularly attractive, but it was so much fun. I machine quilted it like crazy, with metallic thread.

And here's a yoga bag that I made for Linda. It's made from corduroy that Susan and I bought at Mood Fabrics in New York City. Do any of you watch Project Runway? We're big fams, and that's where they go fabric shopping on the show.

Linda and Susan and I have been trying to make some clothes for them, and to help with that I decided to make a dress form of Linda's body by wrapping her in duct tape. It was a hoot, as you can see from the picture.

2 comments:

  1. I love the art quilt! It's so modern and different.

    The dress form is hilarious. Too bad you couldn't combine it with Halloween and Linda could have gone as some futuristic superhero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Kathy! I guess there's an upside to being snowed in - more time to sew and quilt! The dress form project is hilarious - who ever came up with that idea? It's genius! I guess there's a whole craft movement around duct tape.
    On another note - I had my "with love tote" bag at my quilt guild meeting the other night, and someone was admiring it and asked for the pattern. And on a recent "quilt shop hop", one of the stores was selling "kits" containing that pattern and a yard of an upholstery-weight fabric in a vegetable print, for shopping bags.

    ReplyDelete