Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Finally finished...in February!


This is a "Christmas quilt" that I started several years ago. I pieced the top and never got it quilted. Since I recently learned to machine quilt on my new sewing machine, I decided to quilt this as a practice piece. I used different techniques on the different sections...some straight lines and some wavy lines with the walking foot, and some free motion quilting around the applique and the border. My "free motion" quilting gives a whole new meaning to the term! It's hard! I need a lot more practice on that. In any case, this was a good practice piece for me and I learned a lot, mostly things NOT to do. But it's done and I'll be able to pull it out next Christmas, all ready to go!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I can't seem to configure these posts so the picture and text are arranged right - they never end up looking the same as the Preview. I guess I need a lesson in blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome quilt, Reenie! Doesn't it feel great to finish something? This year, I am determined to finish up a couple of items before I buy any more fabric... last week I finished a wall-hanging size kaleidoscope quilt, but I still have several projects to go!

    ReplyDelete