Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Help/Ideas

Monika, if I ever sent you this blog, please do not read this post!

One of my best friends in the world (Monika, pictured left) is having a baby in May and her bridesmaids are joining forces to make a quilt for the family. I have to come up with 4 9x9 panels to send. The colors should be blues and greens, but I think I can interpret that liberally if I want to. Do you guys have any good ideas for applique or embroidery for my squares?

Mom, maybe you could send me one of your Japanese embroidery patterns? I'm also thinking of doing a heart or sunrise for one of them.

Thanks for your input!

2 comments:

  1. How about their initial(s) in at least one block? There are some really pretty patterns in my Electric Quilt program. The letters are appliqued, and then they're embellished with embroidery or more applique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the initials idea, Kath. I also like that patchwork pattern that we made for your (Kathy and Jim's) anniversary quilt. It's kind of a scrappy star with a double heart applique on top. I have that pattern. I used that for one block in a sampler baby quilt that my quilting group made for one of our members.

    ReplyDelete