Thursday, July 19, 2007

A "So You're 21!" Birthday Pie



I am so impressed with all your craftiness.
It's all simply craftastic!
Because I have nothing to add but don't want to be left out, here's a cherry pie I made for Mike's birthday yesterday. He was 21 and requested a pie instead of a birthday cake. I cut out a "21" out of crust and baked it on top.
The whole birthday celebration, which also included chicken paprikash with an unbelievable number of dumplings (I multiply Mom's original recipe by eight) and wine, was very nice.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks SO good, Diane! You know, I can't find those tart cherries like we had on our cherry tree in Ohio anywhere here. I've been looking for them since I moved here, because cherry pie is my favorite. Boy, your kids get treated right on their birthdays - 8 recipes of dumplings?!?! I can just picture you standing over that pot of boiling water! Tell Mike Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pie looks great, Diane. I have some cherries that I'm going to make for a pie this week. We're having John over for dinner on Thursday, his birthday.
    Pam and I also made cherry jam - actually it was on the 18th, too - with our craft club. It was so much fun.
    Happy birthday to Mike. I can't believe our kids are so grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this was his 21st birthday, where was the booze????

    ReplyDelete