Friday, July 13, 2007

Shoe Bags


I leave for Italy in one week. I'll be in Sorrento for a meeting for 6 days, then Zac is coming to meet me and we'll go to Florence, Cinque Terra, and Rome if all goes well. I've become somewhat obsessed with the idea of packing and decided to borrow Sarah's sewing machine to make some simple drawstring bags to segregate my dirty shoes and laundry from the rest of my stuff. They are made of thin flannel in cute simple patterns. They were fun to make. I made 5 (3 for me, 2 for my rommate) and stayed up until 12:30 making them, which is late for me.

2 comments:

  1. Emily, those are so cute. I've been meaning to try some, but I only think of it at the last minute, when I'm packing to go somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bags are cute! I've made a few myself and I keep finding more uses for them, so I want to make some more. I use one for my shower thongs when I go to the gym, and one for my hairdryer and/or curling iron when I travel. (and for shoes, of course!)

    ReplyDelete