Friday, June 8, 2007

Altering a Bridesmaid Dress


I'm going to be in the wedding of two of my best friends, Danny and Sarah, next weekend. Sarah is a great bride from a bridesmaid perspective (and her fiancee's too) because she picked great, affordable dresses for us to wear. The dress I'm wearing is super-cute and great for a hot June day. The ceremony is at 5 and we didn't want dyeable shoes, so Sarah and Jen (another bridesmaid) decided we should add black sashes to the dresses. Sarah and I worked on them 2 weeks ago and I think they came out really cute.

3 comments:

  1. That's darling, Emily! What a great dress for a bridesmaid. I like the shoes you picked, too. You'll have to post a picture from the wedding so we can get the full effect - what kind of flowers will you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, you'd love the flowers. Blue hydrangeas with a black ribbon. Brian is in the wedding too, so hopefully we can get at least one good picture of us dressed up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome dress, Emily! You look beautiful. How practical that you'll have a dress you can wear for many more summers. I love the black with the green.

    ReplyDelete