Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Welcome

Hi Laney family crafters and associates! This is the inaugural post so I should explain the purpose of this space. First, the name is deceptive. This is not only for Laneys and not only for crafts. I think there is plenty of space here for vacation pictures, life updates, and whatever else seems interesting enough to post about.

When I was home in San Francisco for Christmas, Mom and I had two fun days of only crafting. We made bags, potholders, coinpurses, and we did some knitting. Shouldn't we be able to show off without sending a hundred separate emails???? That's what this is for. Let's post pictures of our new fun projects and keep each other up to date on good things to try.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland! Congrats on the new creation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, Emily! Great idea. Thanks for doing it.
    I love your golf club covers!
    I think Reenie should post a picture of the Christmas cards she sent out this year; they were beautiful.
    Later, I'll post a picture of the prayer shawl that I just finished knitting. Some of you are aware that I am the "switched at birth" Laney sister and I don't have the craft gene that Reenie, Kathy and Pam have. So keep that in mind when you compare my craft projects with theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just took a break from quilting to check my email and was thrilled to find the blog. What fun! I can't wait to see everyone's projects, and to post mine.
    I made a lot of stuff for Christmas gifts this year: tons of scarves, some hats and purses. I'll try to get them back long enough to take some pictures to post.

    ReplyDelete