Saturday, January 20, 2007

Diane's Prayer Shawl


I finally finished my first prayer shawl. The prayer shawl idea is that you pray for someone while you're knitting it (the stitches are in groups of threes, so theoretically, you pray "Father, Son, Holy Spirit" unless you're watching Comedy Central while you're knitting and then you forget) and then when you give them the shawl, it's full of your prayers (and in my case, mistakes).
I made this for my friend Therese here in Lexington, whose husband is very sick with MS.

You can't really tell from the photo, but it's a really pretty shade of green. It's made with that Homespun yarn, which is a little bit rustic looking.

3 comments:

  1. Nice prayer shawl, Diane. What is the stitch, and how much yarn does it take? I have a nice bulky yarn that I'd like to knit into a shawl but I'm not sure where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Diane. I especially love the color. I made one for someone from church who I visit regularly, but still haven't finished it.... I think you have inspired me to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful, Diane. I want to make one for my friend Rajeev - I just heard recently that he is in chemotherapy for brain cancer. He said the medication he's on makes him cold all the time, so something warm would be nice to give him. Let us know the pattern.

    ReplyDelete