Monday, April 14, 2008




Here's what I've been working on lately.

The red and yellow purse is an Amy Butler pattern, the Swing Bag, made from leftovers of one of her first fabrics that I've had for ages until I finally found a quilt pattern that was worth cutting it for. I'll post the quilt when I finish it.

The quilt and the quilted bag are made with patchwork made from my new favorite patchwork pattern, the Disappearing Nine Patch. I made up the purse pattern. Look out Vera Bradley!

Here's the link to the tutorial for the disappearing Nine Patch. http://quiltsatcs.blogspot.com/2007/04/disappearing-9-patch-tutorial.html

It's a really simple, easy pattern, but when you use great fabrics it looks like much more.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it! What a cool pattern. I really like how the quilt has regular shapes but they recombine to make a more chaotic pattern. The fabrics were a great choice, too.

    ReplyDelete