Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Art Quilts




I'm taking an online class on art quilts. Of the six projects, I've finished these two. The landscape quilt is loosely based on a photograph I took (from safe on the ground) of Jim and our girls when they took the hot air balloon ride over the vineyards when we were in California a few years ago.


For the other one, we were just supposed to do a quilt with a bird in it.


They're both small. It was difficult for me to get into that artsy mode, but I was able to try some new techniques and do some things that I've been thinking about for awhile, so it was fun and inspiring.

3 comments:

  1. I like the balloon one a lot. You could sell that at a winery for at least $50!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, if you did try that, my mom and I would walk by and say, "Oh, we could make THAT!" We'd feel very self-righteous but would never actually make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Emily - you know me so well...I like both of them a lot, Kathy. I enlarged the photos to see all the details - I love the buttons on the bird one! I remember when you took that hot air balloon picture - the quilt is a great remembrance of that! Tell me - how does an online quilt class work? Do you just go at your own pace, or actually have classes and then show the results to other people online??

    ReplyDelete