Sunday, May 27, 2007

I'm still creating






I haven't posted any of my creations on 0ur blog for a long time. I HAVE been producing quite a bit, just not photographing my works. So here are some of the things I've made in the past several months.


The first is a quilt I made as a retirement gift for a co-worker. We worked together for over 25 years before I retired. I'm especially proud of it because I didn't use a pattern, although I did get ideas from some sources, including a book that Pam loaned me.





The next two pictures are a purse I knitted for Linda. The pattern is a free one from the Berrocca yarns website (www.berrocca.com), which is a great website with tons of really great free and low-cost patterns patterns. The pattern calls for it to be knitted in all the same yarn, but I used mostly yarn that I had. It looks good in lots of different textures. It's knitted on circular and double-pointed needles, but you start in the middle with four stitches on four needles, which is VERY tricky. Once you get a few rows done, though, it's very simple.




Next is a scarf I knitted with a hand-dyed yarn that's a wool/silk/ alpaca blend. It was more expensive than what I usually knit with, but isn't it neat the way the colors go from one to another? That diagonal knitting pattern was kind of fun to do, too. So much fun that I made another one from the same yarn in a different colorway. I think I gave that one to Linda, though, so I couldn't photograph it.



And last is a cotton quilted purse that I made this weekend.


I've also knitted two (and a half) additional purses out of cotton yarn, but haven't gotten around to sewing the pieces together and finishing them. That's my least favorite part, and I always put it off. But I'll p0st them soon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Kathy, you've been busy. That quilt is fabulous - your friend must have been really impressed and thrilled to get it! I love the bags, too - why is it so fun to make purses?? I want to make another felted knit bag, but I need to find a good pattern for one with knit-in handles, or one that uses purchased handles. I'm going to look at some of those websites that have free patterns that you recommended. And BTW - LOVE your model!

    ReplyDelete