Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sewing with the Baltimore girls

Dan and I were in Baltimore for the last week at Emily and Brian's house. We were so busy exploring the neighborhoods, and trying out all the food and drink in the city (!) that we didn't have a lot of time to sew! But I helped Emily put together some of her postage stamp "scrap" quilt. She's using 3-inch cut squares and sewing together strips of 30. I donated some fabric and scraps from my collection to the cause and we managed to get a few more strips put together.
We used the railing in her guest room/craft room to drape all the strips. We didn't get too far arranging them, but had fun admiring all the beautiful fabrics. Izzy enjoyed it, too! She plopped down on the comforter that we were using to lay out the strips and made herself comfortable. She knows how to appreciate a good quilt!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I started sewing the strips together today and Izzy promptly sat on them again!

    ReplyDelete