Saturday, November 28, 2009

Baby Quilt

I finished the baby quilt! And the baby hasn't even been born yet!

Here's a shot of the finished product. Many many small patches. I think the largest patch is 2"x2" and most are far smaller. I started in the middle and worked my way out. After the first few sections, I took Mom's advice and used fusible interfacing underneath the patches to hold them on just a little more tightly.
I fell in love with this quilt and loved putting it together in pieces so that I got to see it evolve throughout the project. No feelings of being let down after the initial design phase was done. I'm thrilled with the way it turned out and Hillary and Jesse seem to love it just as much as I do, so I was very happy to give it to them. I'll try to get a shot of it with the baby when he/she comes next month.

4 comments:

  1. That's REALLY cute! So many patches - it looks like a mosaic. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive -- both the quilt, and that it was done before the baby was born! Way to go Em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! And it's all hand quilted? What an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, J. I like that you picked up on how pleased I am with myself :)

    ReplyDelete