Friday, October 30, 2009

Blogs to Follow


I found a couple of crafty blogs that I wanted to share, but I don't think I can edit that list at the side of our blog. Here they are:


http://mairuru.blogspot.com/ is by a young Japanese girl who makes small hand-sewn gift-type items. I've tried a couple of the projects but I had difficulty with them - they were so tiny. But I love to read her commentary. She's reall sweet. She writes in broken English and I just love her commentary on Japanese crafts and life.


http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/ has great projects and fabrics and it's updated often.


I'm participating in a Block Party. I've never done one before, but apparently each month everybody in the group makes two blocks for one of us (there are 12 in all) so at the end of your month you have 24 blocks to put together into a quilt. There will supposedly be pictures posted on Flickr at this link:



or you can just sign into Flickr and search for Tethered Threads Block Party.


Tethered Threads

       Block Party

1 comment:

  1. I love that Japanese girl's site. How cute and SMALL everything is. "It was very happy time for me." Awww!!!!

    ReplyDelete