Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Snuglets

It's officially autumn on the East Coast and that means time to pull out the fleece blankets. Inspired by Maya's creation that I saw on a visit to Pittsburgh this summer:
I made a fleece snuglet (an obvious rip-off of the Snuggie) for Zac. It is his Christmas present from me, but I felt he might need it during football season. Then I remembered he lives in LA and probably never ever needs a fleece anything unless he's trying to pick up hiker babes. Anyway, he likes it and facebook LOVES it.

This is incredibly easy to make. You just make two sleeve tubes and sew them into the holes you cut out. It practically makes itself! I think I made 2 in one hour. Pattern here: http://www.sissonfamily.com/Sewingroom/images/2006projects/thesnuglet.pdf
Thanks, Maya!

2 comments:

  1. So it's a blanket with arms! I had to look at the pattern to figure it out, but it makes sense - how else are you going to lay on the couch and read??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking how else are you going to lay on the couch and drink a beer, but reading works too.

    ReplyDelete