Friday, July 3, 2009

Weekend Sewing


A few weeks ago I bough Heather Ross's Weekend Sewing. I was resistant to this book at first, but many of my daily-read bloggers loved it and she was on the Martha Stewart show in a great segment, so I bought it. I used elastic thread for the first time and made bloomers for Sarah's imminent baby girl, plus a cute dress for Elise (Monika's baby and recipient of my first diaper bag creation).
This smocked dress is frighteningly similar to the one Molly is wearing in this picture and it makes me want to try to make the dress that Jedy is wearing in that picture!

2 comments:

  1. I just realized that Jedy is wearing a top-and-shorts combo. It might be a little too 1980 for Monika's little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute sewing projects, but I hope you're not planning to re-create that Heather Ross wedding! (Though Brian would look good in a baby blue tux!)

    ReplyDelete