Monday, July 20, 2009

Renegade Craft Fair in San Francisco

This year was the second year that the Renegade Craft Fair was held in San Francisco. I loved it last year and went back to see what was new this year. This is a very "crafty" fair with everything hand-made. Most of the vendors are young, and also sell their things on Etsy online. Most of them only have one table of things for sale, but there were over 200 vendors this year, so lots of variety, and some very creative crafts! Some of my favorite things: beautiful letterpress cards and paper products...


...lots of purses and bags of all sizes and shapes - purses, tote bags, etc. There was a lot of Amy Butler fabric and patterns used. The vinyl bags are very similar to the ones that Emily and I made from the patterns in the Denyse Schmidt book. (Hmm....I have some of that vinyl left over!)



I was impressed that quite a few people had hand-made clothes, mostly dresses, and many made with funky fabric combinations.


There are apparently a lot of talented graphic artists out there, putting their designs onto everything from baby onesies, to posters, T shirts, bags, pillows, tea towels, etc....


There wasn't much pottery in this show, but this was one of them and I think it's beautiful!


These were some of my favorite bags - they're made entirely from vintage fabrics (can you tell?!) and they use men's ties as handles, with the tie ends just sewn to the two sides of the bag.
I might have to make one of these myself.

And of course one of the best things about this show is that it was at Fort Mason, which is right on the bay, and it was a beautiful day to be out in San Francisco!









2 comments:

  1. Right by the bay and right by YOUR HOUSE. How convenient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading about that Craft Fair in the blogs I keep up with. How great that they set up right in your neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete