Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer Harvests

The wild raspberries are ripening near the State Park where we take Izzy on hikes and last weekend I brought back 1.5 pints. They're delicious and I made a great tart with them that disappeared before I could take a photo of it.

In other news, our garden has expanded. Brian bought some pepper plants and more basil to go with my herbs and tomatoes. He also built this window box (deck side box?) for them out of steel. I think it looks great.

And finally my first tomatoes are ripening. I think these two will be perfectly ripe while I'm in Paris next week, so I'll miss them but Paris is a pretty good consolation prize!

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful food! How was the tart? Yummy, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tart has a whole stick of butter in it, so it was delicious :)

    ReplyDelete