Thursday, January 8, 2009

Scrap Bag Project


Emily was home one evening and decided to raid my scrap bag to make some gifts to give her friends that she would be visiting in the area over the holidays. She started piecing together scraps and making them into potholders.




My scrap bag was bulging so she challenged herself to use ONLY pieces from the scrap bag for the potholder tops.




These were the first two completed, and they inspired me to get into the act, too!




These are a few pieces in progress on the design board. You can see my fabric choices lean heavily towards the blues and greens!



These are a couple that Emily made for Brian's step-dad, who is a professional chef and does most of the cooking in his house.

A couple more finished potholders got sent out before they even got photographed! We managed to use up some of my batting scraps, too. Still, my scrap bag is still bulging!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. This was a really fun project. Unfortunately, the scrap bag is still so full it is bursting, but I put a few scraps to good use!

    ReplyDelete