Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas gifts

These are a few little things I made for Christmas gifts this year.
Two little pear pincushions for me and Emily. I got a free pattern for them from a fabric shop, Peapod Fabrics in San Francisco, and since I need some new pincushions anyway, I made them. On each of them, I used wool felt for two of the panels, and cotton prints for the other two. Mine has already been well-used.

The shoe bags we've made in the past were such a bit hit that this year I made shoe bags for Zac, and draw-string laundry bags for all of us. Zac's were put into immediate use for his trip to Seattle, but these are the laundry bags I made for myself and Emily.






And for Emily, I made another one of Amy Butler's Chelsea Bags. I adjusted the pattern to make this one wider on the bottom so it sits more like a basket. She's going to use it in her guest bathroom, so it's holding towels and shampoo!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Reenie, they're darling! I saw that pear pincushion pattern on one of the blogs I read. Did you use the commercial pattern, or were they offering their own version for free? I have patterns for tomatoes, apples, pumpkins, chickens and mice. Pincushions would be a nice collection, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this pattern free from Peapod fabrics. The owner had made a bunch of them in fall prints. She gave a 1-sheet pattern for two sizes, with a purchase (just a xeroxed sheet with the pear and the leaf patterns). They look so cute in a bunch - a group of different ones would be cute - do you have other patterns??

    ReplyDelete