Friday, December 21, 2007














Here are my contributions to our display of Christmas decorations. My stocking looks like it was store-bought, because of the printed picture on the front. Maybe mine was bought before you all were born, and Aunt Nina said, "I could so make that," and made yours.
We have a nice-looking tree this year. Susan and Jim picked it out, and Susan put the lights on and decorated it. She favors all-white lights, and since she's the only one living at home this year, she won the argument. The tree went up really easily, but the next day we noticed that it was leaning precariously, and in the process of adjusting it we broke the stand. So it stood propped up in the corner until we could buy another stand. It seems secure enough now.

I just finished my new Christmas quilted wallhanging last week. It won 3rd prize in my quilting guild's challenge contest. The pictures are done with regular crayons, and the "portraits" are little quilts, which are then mounted on a bigger background quilt.
Linda and I made the cookies. Aren't they fancy? Pam and I learned how to do it at our Craft Club. I think the reindeer are especially cute.

2 comments:

  1. So how come I don't have my stocking from Aunt Nina? Must've gotten thrown away with all my Barbie clothes. (Grrr.)
    I have nothing homemade to share here, although I did consider handing out small containers of my homemade pesto to the trick-or-treaters. It's in my freezer. The first 13 people who come to visit me get to take some home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, I don't think you were born yet! When we were little, we used to spend holidays with Aunt Nina and Uncle Henry and Mike. I remember Christmas and Easter holidays with them.
    Kathy, your cookies are beautiful! I've given up on decorating sugar cookies lately - we just make simple cookie recipes now. Yours are beautiful, as is your prize-winning quilt!

    ReplyDelete