Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Dress Alterations


Before (is this really what I look like dancing?) After (acting mean)

My friends and I threw a party this weekend with the theme of "The Hills", an MTV pseudo-reality show that takes place in LA. The girls on the show are in their early 20's and go out wearing cute party dresses and tons of makeup, so a theme party was easy. After spending $35 on a Halloween costume (chains are not cheap), I was determined to spend nothing on my outfit, so I took an old dress from New Year's Eve 2005 and altered it to fit current trends. I cut the top off and used an old pair of tights to make straps and a bubble skirt. I wore tights and a tank top underneath because the skirt was really see-through, but if you're going to wear a mini tank dress in December, tights and layers are a good idea anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Emily! I love that black dress. I love those bubble bottoms; Cary bought a black and blue version of yours for the dinner cruise when we were in New York. I can't believe you changed a dress so much on your own. You're the craftiest!

    ReplyDelete