Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Preemie quilts




I recently joined the San Francisco quilter's guild. One of their community outreach projects is to make quilts for the preemies at one of the hospitals here. I think this would be a good way to get rid of some of my fabric stash. I decided to challenge myself to see how many I could make without having to buy any fabric! The quilts are only 18" - 24" square, so they go together fast, but they also don't use much fabric. I finished these two and donated them at our meeting this week. I've made about 6 more quilt tops with other fabrics and still have a stack of child-print fabrics to go! This first one I made with a piece of "Tiny Town" print fabric that was too cute to cut up, so I used it for one side of the quilt and for the other used blocks of coordinated solids. For the other quilt I used some of my 30's prints. I'm using them to practice my machine quilting, too.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE them, Mom! What a fun short-attention-span project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having fun with these! I machine-quilted two more today. For someone who has trouble finishing quilts, these are as close to "instant" gratification as I'm going to get!

    ReplyDelete