Tuesday, August 7, 2007

My Sock


I was so excited when I finished my first sock, that I had to take a picture to share with all of you. It may be six months before I finish the second one, and by that time I'll probably have misplaced this one. Kathy bought me the pattern and the yarn and needles for my birthday, and I made several attempts to get started, only to have to rip it out and start over. I actually did several rip-outs as I was knitting and learned a lot in the process. The needles look like pick-up sticks (and can also be used as shish-ka-bob skewers!) and there are 5 of them. Very confusing. I'll keep you posted on Sock #2.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I love it. Does it fit your foot? I'm very impressed with multiple-needles knitting. I've done a few hats with 3 needles and it usually takes me about 4 tries before I can start it without making it twist like a Moebius strip.

    ReplyDelete