Friday, February 2, 2007

Disney costumes



My friend Evan hosted a Disney theme party on Saturday night. I reprised my role (last seen when I was 3?) of Peter Pan. Izzy, our 7 month old puppy, went as one of the 101 Dalmations. The dog costume was sort of a disaster since I made it before she came down from Baltimore and I didn't know how to fit it to her properly. For Peter Pan, I dyed some cheap old navy leggings, altered a XXL t-shirt so much that I probably should have made it from scratch, and hot-glued a hat out of felt. The picture includes the other Peter Pan (who looks more like Robin Hood if you want to get critical), tinkerbell, Wendy, and myself.

2 comments:

  1. Cute, Emily! I think we still have your old Peter Pan costume in a box somewhere. You were in pre-school when you went to your party as Peter Pan and I went as Wendy (in my long flannel nightgown)! Issy looks darling as a dalmation - I have to ask - what is the OTHER dog dressed as?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention that the other dog is dressed as Sleeping Beauty (pink night gown). Danny and Sarah's dog Cambria was dressed as Simba in a lion costume. It was adorable. Izzy, still a puppy, only lasted about 30 mintues at the party before she started driving me nuts (eating food, garbage, etc.), so the dalmation costume was short-lived.

    ReplyDelete