Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer Crafts

This summer, I took on a couple of small projects. The first is a purse made from a Nancy Zieman pattern. The pattern was great, but the accompanying directions were extremely complicated. However, I did manage to get a nice purse out of it.



I got a book out of the library called "Sew Darn Cute", and found a pattern for this little craft apron. It's made of canvas with fabric ironed onto it. I've had this piece of flowered fabric sitting in the basement for a year, and didn't know what to do with it. I think the fabric was perfect for this apron. I especially like the "scissor holster", don't you?





4 comments:

  1. I've seen both in person and they're even cuter than they look in the pictures. I never would have guessed that the purse was "homemade".

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first opened this post, I thought it was from Emily and then I saw the red and white purse and said, "Pam has a purse just like that!"

    Kathy's right - it looks even better in person.

    Very cute, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the purse! I've been looking for a pattern like that for awhile. Do you remember how much fabric it called for?

    And the scissors holster is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS a really cute purse. I'm tempted to ask for the pattern, but I already have a couple purse patterns that I have to try.

    ReplyDelete