Monday, August 24, 2009

Pom-Poms



I just got back from a great weekend in New York to celebrate with my friend Jan before her upcoming wedding in October. We threw a little party for her at her apartment and it gave me the chance to try out some decorating ideas I've been thinking of for my own wedding next spring.One of them is the seemingly-ubiquitous pom-poms (or am I the only one who sees these because normal people don't read wedding blogs?). I made them out of folded tissue paper and we unfolded them after they made the bus ride to NYC.
I got to check out the pom pom-making skills of two of my bridesmaids, Jen and Jan, and they did very well. What do you guys think of these?



Are they too casual for an indoor reception?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I passed the pom-pom fluffing test to qualify as a bridesmaid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're really pretty. I'm not sure for a reception, though...I guess it depends on the rest of the decorating. They remind me of the flowers we made when we were in high school to decorate cars for the prom - they were made the same way, but were made out of Kleenex (yes, that's right!) so they were smaller and softer! And you just had to hope it didn't rain on prom night!

    ReplyDelete