Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Treats

I adapted a Christmas cookie recipe for Easter, and though I would include the recipe here. The original recipe is for Christmas wreath cookies, which are green, and have red hots on them to represent holly berries. I had the idea that, without the green food coloring, they might look like bird nests, and jelly beans would look like eggs. I think they came out cute, and they taste good, and are somewhat healthy, too.
Here's the recipe:

30 large marshmallows
1 stick margarine
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 tsp. food coloring (for Christmas wreaths)
4 1/2 cups corn flakes

Melt marshmallows and butter over low heat. Add vanilla and food coloring (if desired.) Stir in corn flakes until coated. Shape into wreaths (or bird nests) and add red hots (or jelly beans.) (It helps if you butter your hands before trying to shape the cookies, because they are sticky.) Let cool on waxed paper for 24 hours.

1 comment:

  1. I remember having the Christmas version at your house years ago (maybe 15 years ago--yikes) and loved them! I bet they taste just as good without the dye :)

    ReplyDelete