Saturday, February 7, 2009

Group Quilt - my part is done!



If you remember, my small quilt group is doing a group quilt for our guild show next month. We sliced up a picture, and each of us will do one slice of the picture, then we will hang them all side-by-side to re-create the image. My "slice" of the picture is shown at the left. And now (...drum roll...) I just finished my panel and here it is:

I really had fun doing this. I used a variety of techniques, just doing one section at a time, doing whatever seemed to work for that section. I used a lot of fusible webbing, so the whole thing is stiff enough to stand up on its own! In two weeks, we're all getting together to put the quilt together and submit it for the show. I've seen most of the other sections in progress, and it's amazing how well they flow together! Of course we're all a bit nervous about how it will look and line up once we get all 7 sections together. So far it looks great, though! Stay tuned for the finished product.

1 comment:

  1. Mom, it's great! I love the sky. Can't wait to see the whole thing put together!

    ReplyDelete