Friday, February 6, 2009

Baby Gifts

This is the taggy blanket. As my friends have started to have babies, I've learned a lot. For instance, babies seem to love the silky tags found on blankets, clothing, toys, etc. Like the old story in which a kid is more interested in the box than the toy inside, babies seem to like tags as much as the toys to which they're attached. The solution: cut out the toy and give babies what they want--lots of tags.
I made this blanket for my friends Erin and Mike, who are having a baby in May. It is small (baby-sized?), only about 18x20" made of flannel and an assortment of silky ribbons that Mom and I bought at a discount fabric store in San Francisco.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute, Emily! The whole taggy thing was new to me when I saw Elise's taggy ball. This and your changing pad make great little baby gifts.

    ReplyDelete