Monday, October 15, 2007

Quick Scarf



Finally a project from Martha that inspired me. This knotted scarf is cute and really easy. You simply cut 12 pieces of yarn and knot them together to make the pattern. It probably isn't very warm, but is good enough for Fall.

The instructions tell you to make your first two knots and attach them with pins to "a piece of foam core" to immobilize them. Who has foam core lying around? I used my couch.

I forgot to measure the yarn so that it is 1.5 times the length of the desired scarf. I used the length of the desired finished product, adjusted the spacing of the knots, and made it a scarf for my 7 year old buddy Carmella.

4 comments:

  1. That's so cute, Emily. I got my issue yesterday but haven't had a chance to look at it yet. And, in answer to your question, I do have foam core board in my house, as well as just about any other supply or tool that a crafter might need. Finding it might be a problem, but I know it's there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks suspiciously like macrame to me! Another of those 70's fads coming back into style. Still, it's cute and looks like fun to make. I haven't even gotten my new issue of Martha yet, and you've already made something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like macrame! When you get tired of wearing it as a scarf, you can hang a potted plant with it, or use it as a belt! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, the 70s are over and the 80's are back. I own both Keds and leggings again--scary!

    ReplyDelete