Monday, October 1, 2007

countryside quilt pattern

I took this picture out the airplane window this weekend near St. Louis, Missouri, where I stopped on my way to Oklahoma to visit friends. The overlapping farm plots were beautiful. I thought it would be neat if this could be converted to a quilt pattern. I messed around a little with graph paper but it's hard work!

Has anybody seen quilts that mimic an actual landscape? Maybe if I felt more of a connection to St. Louis, I'd be more motivated.

1 comment:

  1. YES, Emily - I have a great book that shows how to mimic landscapes with log cabin blocks. The blocks are different sizes squares and rectangles and can look like houses or hills or water or whatever. It's "A New Look at Log Cabin" by Flavin Glover. I've been wanting to try it for a California or Indiana quilt, and now I also want to try it for an Ireland quilt! Maybe that can be our project next time you're home.

    ReplyDelete