Tuesday, April 3, 2007

coming soon

It is almost Summer, so nearly time for me to stop knitting. I'm trying to think of what crafts I do during the summer. I guess only scrapbooking: my least-loved craft. Maybe I'll get my Costa Rica pictures done before I take any more vacations.

Last night I watched the NCAA championship game, knowing that if Florida won, I would win our lab pool. As I worked on the last scarf of this winter's knitting cycle, I realized that whenever I focused on knitting, Florida scored. When I watched the game, OSU scored. I kept knitting and today I am a few dollars richer at the expense of my colleagues and my scarf is almost done. I'll post pictures soon!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win, Emily, even though it came at the expense of Ohioans.
    Don't you knit at all during summer? I'm going to try to continue at least one knitting project this summer - I want to try some of the cotton and/or linen yarns. But what can I knit in cotton? Maybe a purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I never knit when it's warm out. Maybe because I only make scarves and it's hard to stay motivated when it's hot and humid. Luckily (I'm straining for a bright side of this situation), it is freezing cold here this week, so maybe I'll get some work done!

    ReplyDelete