Sunday, March 29, 2009

Kitty Pillow 2.0


I don't know who made it, but I have a cat-shaped pillow that was given to me when I was a baby. We've always called it "kitty pillow" and I still use it all the time
After a recent trip to visit friends, I decided to make one for Carmella. She's 8 and loves cats so it seemed like a good, easy gift. Amy Butler has a pattern called "Cozy Kitty" which is like kitty pillow but kind of Japanese looking.
I made the mistake of picking two busy fabrics for the body and face. They both also have circular patterns, so the eyes sort of blended into the face. I tried to accent them with embroidery. I'm not sure it was fully-successful.
Carmella is also becoming interested in sewing, so maybe she'll be able to perfect the pattern :)

1 comment:

  1. I made that kitty pillow for you, Emily! I didn't know you still had it. I think the fabrics you picked for yours are cute, though I agree that you need to accent the eyes - maybe use a darker embroidery color to outline them?!

    ReplyDelete