Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Look what I found at IKEA


I don't shop at IKEA very often, and I was there the other day and discovered that they sell fabric by the yard. A lot of the fabrics are upholstery weight, some are lighter weight blends. This is one I bought - it's a cotton/linen blend, 60" wide, and was only $7.99 a yard. The print is pretty big - I was thinking of making a table runner, but am now thinking of maybe just hemming it and making it a tablecloth. They have a lot of their signature large-scale Swedish prints, some nice stripes, and some solids. I didn't see anything more than $7.99 a yard.

4 comments:

  1. I like it! My friend Jen made curtains from Ikea fabric a few months ago. They have some nice prints. The Purl Bee has a post right now about making lined curtains that I've been thinking about for our living room in Baltimore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, as with everything at Ikea, the names are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that print. I bought some yardage the last time we were at Ikea, and made living room pillows with it.
    I'm loving red and white prints these days. Are they "in"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I guess I'm the last to figure out that IKEA sells fabric! I love red and white, in almost anything! They also had this same print in black and white, which was nice, too.

    ReplyDelete